Looking for an easy to recipe that is perfect for company or just a tasty easy dinner you need to make this pasta dish.
Prosciutto Peas Pasta with Meyer Lemon Parm Sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 oz prosciutto – sliced into lardons
- 1 medium shallot – finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves – grated
- 2 Meyer lemons – zest and juice
- pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 cup of fresh peas
- 1/4 cup fresh thyme – finely chopped
- 1 9oz package of fresh gluten fee pasta
- salt for the pasta water
- 2 cups grated parm cheese
- start a large pot of water to boil for the pasta.
- Heat the olive oil in a large non stick skillet. Add the prosciutto lardons to the pan and cook until almost totally crispy. Add shallots, garlic and pepper and saute for an additional 2 minutes. Add lemon juice & zest and wine, reduce heat to simmer and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Water is boiling, add salt and cook the pasta and fresh peas together – about 2 to 3 minutes. Reserve 3/4 to 1 cup of the pasta water, drain the pasta and peas.
- Add the cooked pasta and peas to the simmering sauce with 1 cup of the parm cheese. Mix well to combine. Add the pasta water and other cup of parm cheese and continue to combine, simmer on low for about 3 minutes.
- Add fresh chopped thyme and serve.