This is easy but oh so good. It is a main dish or cut into pieces for a buffet. I have made it numerous times to rave reviews.
Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 2 – boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 6 – 8 slices proscuitto
- 1 orange pepper
- 1 small ball mozzarella cheese – cut in slices
- salt and pepper
- kitchen twine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roast pepper on stove top or oven. Place in Ziploc bag to cool. Wipe off excess char and de-seed. Cut in half.
- Pound chicken breasts to about 1/4 inch thick as evenly as possible **
- Layer the flattened chicken breasts with the 1/2 roasted pepper each, 1/2 of the prosciutto slices each, 1/2 the mozzarella each. Roll tightly and secure roll with kitchen twine (I precut 3 strands for each breast in advance of rolling).
- Salt and pepper the chicken rolls
- Place on baking sheet and bake at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes
- Let rest for at least 5 minutes. Cut and serve.
**Note: to keep the kitchen counters as clean as possible I line the counter with a couple of pieces of parchment paper and use another sheet on top of the chicken to keep splatter contained.
Another note: add vegetables to the roasting pan and then you will have a complete on pan meal.