Looking for a new and healthy dip, one that can sit out without any spoilage? Well here is the answer to this need. This is a dip you will serve many time over the hot summer months.
Roasted Cauliflower Garbanzo Bean Dip
- 1/2 head of cauliflower – cut into chunks
- 1 head of garlic – whole with the head cut off to roast
- 2 medium shallots – halved
- 15.5 oz can garbanzo beans – drained and rinsed
- olive oil – approx. 2 cups
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 lemon – juiced
- for garnish: fresh thyme leave and smoked paprika
- to serve: cut veggies, crackers, chips – your choice.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a sheet pan with foil (it makes clean up a snap). Place the cauliflower & shallots on the sheet pan, sprinkle with some olive oil, salt and pepper. Wrap the head of garlic in a small piece of foil, sprinkle with some olive oil, salt and pepper, wrap up and place on sheet pan. Roast in oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Let the roasted veggies cool and then put in a food processor with the garbanzo beans, and some olive oil, pulse to combine. Add the lemon juice, about 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt and lots of ground pepper (to taste), run the processor adding olive oil thru the tube until the dip is the consistency you like (some like a dip thicker than others..
- Place dip in serving bowl, sprinkle with smoked paprika and the chopped fresh thyme and serve.