Change up that salad with a grilled salad. I did it all on the stove top with a very hot cast iron skillet but if you bbq you could always do it that way. The grilling adds a great dimension of flavor to even the lettuce. I did this version with steak but you could change it to fish, chicken or just veggie depending in you mood and likes.
Grilled Salad with Steak and Cilantro Avocado Dressing
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 small avocado
- 3/4 cup olive oil (or more if you want the dressing thinner)
- Place all the ingredients in the blender mix well and place in refrigerator until serving.
Grilled Salad Ingredients:
- 2 poblanos
- 2 cups roasted corn (I just defrosted frozen)
- 1 bunch radishes – quartered
- 2 romaine lettuce heads
- 1 container cherry tomatoes
- 2 limes – halved
- 1 bunch scallions
- 1 lb asparagus
- 3 persion cucumbers – dices
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro – finely chopped
- 1 ribeye steak
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Roast the poblanos on the gas stove top. When well charred place in Ziploc bag to cool. Scrape clean, seed and dice into pieces
- Heat a cast iron skillet, when really hot grill the radishes, cherry tomatoes, limes, scallions, asparagus and lettuce. Set aside to cool.
- Salt and pepper the ribeye on both sides and cook in the heated skillets for about 3 to 5 minutes on each side and finish in the oven until steak reaches medium rare (about 5 to 7 minutes). Let rest on cutting board.
- While steak is resting cut all the veggies into a large salad bowl, including the corn, cucumbers and cilantro, add roasted lime juice.
- Cut rested steak into thin slices to top off the salad and add the cilantro dressing.