I love olives. I have loved olives since I was a kid and there are pictures of me at the beach with a jar of olives as my snack. I also love all kinds of fish. This recipe combines two of my favorite foods.
Swordfish Steaks with Olive / Artichoke Topping
Olive/Artichoke heart topping:
- 1/2 cup drained and chopped artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup mixed olives: pitted and chopped (you can use any combination of flavorful olives you like: ie Green olives with Kalamata.
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and set aside while fish cooks.
- 2 – 1 1/2 inch swordfish steaks
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- In a non-stick, oven proof skillet heat the olive oil. Salt and pepper the fish to taste. Add fish to heated oil and sear on each side for 4 to 5 minutes. Place skillet in the preheated oven and cook for 22 to 25 minutes.
- Remove fish from oven and let sit & rest for 5 minutes. Add topping and serve.