This healthy tasteful casserole might seem like a lot of work but it is actually easy to make and even better to eat. Reheats for lunches easily and gets better as the ingredients have day to get to know each other.
Lemon White Wine Chicken Casserole
- 2 lemons: zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons capers – chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon dry wine
- 3 medium garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 packages boneless, skinless chicken thighs (of course you can use breast if you prefer)
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 large onion thinly sliced rounds
- 2 lemons thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine ingredients 1 thru 6 in a bowl.
- Season the chicken on both sides with ingredients 7 thru 10.
- Place thinly sliced onions on large baking sheet, top with a slice of lemon and top with seasoned chicken, pour marinade on top of chicken. Bake for 40 minutes. Cut cooked chicken into bite size pieces, discard the lemon slices and chopped up the cooked onion slices.
- Place skillet in oven to finish cooking – about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let chops rest 5 minutes before serving.
- 1 lb asparagus – chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 bag of snap green peas – remove the tough string and cut into 1/2 inch piece
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper
- While the chicken is baking heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Add the snap green peas and asparagus, salt and pepper to taste and stir fry for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Rice: 4 cups of cooked Flavorful Brown Rice
- Casserole: Combine the cooked chicken, onions, snap green peas, asparagus and rice in a 9 x 13 baking dish or large bowl/serving platter