I must say I really do not like jarred apple sauce. To me it just doesn’t have much flavor. I was making latkes (aka potato pancakes) and new I need to have a fresh tasting apple sauce to go with them and here it is.
- 2 large apples – Braeburns or any sweet apple you like (leave the peel on)
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Palm Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the apple with an apple cutter/corer and place piece on the parchment paper line baking sheet. Sprinkle applies with the 1 tablespoon of Coconut Palm Sugar and bake for 22 to 25 minutes.
- Let the apples cool for about 15 minutes or longer, then put in food processor with the salt and lemon juice and puree away.