I named this dish Versatile Yummy Potatoes as there are so many ways to use these I couldn’t decide: potato salad without mayo so it is great for a gathering where the food will be set out for a while, as a hash with eggs, as a side dish (I did it as a side with a simple pork roast or my Chipotle Lime Chicken) or the leftovers a salad (not all salads need to have lettuce) base with the chicken cut up with the potatoes for an easy lunch. Or as a vegetarian dish with tofu added…
Orange Chicken with Radish & Bok Choy
- 1 lb potatoes – diced (I use either the fingerlings or the bag of mixed colored potatoes)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander + 1/2 teaspoon coriander separated
- 1 teaspoon cumin + 1/2 teaspoon cumin separated
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro + more for garnish
- 2 limes: zested and juiced
- 1 cup cooked edemame
- 1 cup frozen roasted corn – defrosted
- 2 15oz cans of black beans – drained and rinsed
- In a large frying pan heat the butter and olive oil together, add diced potatoes for 7 to 10 minutes on high.
- Reduce heat to medium/high, add 1/2 teaspoon coriander, 1 teaspoon cumin, salt and pepper to taste and cook for about 20 to 30 minutes. Potatoes should be cooked thru and have a great color on them.
- Reduce the heat to simmer and add the black beans, 1/2 teaspoon coriander, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro, lime juice and zest, stir to combine well with cooked potatoes. Simmer for about 5 to 7 minutes. Add the roasted corn, edemame and heat thru – about 5 minutes. Taste and see if you need any additional salt and pepper. Garnish with chopped cilantro (how much really depends on your taste and how much you like cilantro – I like it a lot so would add about 1/4 cup).