From these fresh tomatoes…to a yummy sauce
Heirloom Tomatoes, Mushrooms, Onions, Artichoke Hearts & Black Truffle Oil Tomato Sauce
- 3 to 4 large roasted heirloom tomatoes – quartered
- 6 cloves roasted garlic
- 1/4 roasted white onion
- 1/2 white onion – finely chopped
- 2 cups of cremini mushrooms – finely chopped
- 1 15 oz can artichoke hearts (packed in water)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil + more for roasting the tomatoes, onion and garlic
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees: on a roasting sheet place the tomatoes and onion, coat with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place the garlic cloves in aluminum foil with olive oil, salt and pepper and roast all for 30 to 35 minutes.
- In a blender combine the roasted tomatoes, garlic and onion and 1/2 of the artichoke hearts.
- In large skillet heat the olive oil, add the onion with a pinch of salt and saute for 2 minutes, add the mushroom and continue to cook for about 6 to 7 minutes. Add the tomato sauce from the blender and the remain artichoke hearts (cut into piece). Continue to cook on a med/low heat for about 10 minutes to combine all the flavors.
- After you top your pasta with this sauce drizzle a bit of Black Truffle Oil for an elegant touch.