Easy, juicy, one pan meal of pork chops
Stuffed & Smothered Pork Chops
- 2 – 1 1/2 inch thick bone in pork chops
- 1 large white onion – sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic – crushed
- 1/2 large sweet apples (I used a Breaburn) – thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 to 4 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat a cast iron skillet on the stove top, add 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and the butter to melt. Add the sliced apples and cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from skillet.
- Add the remaining tablespoons of olive oil to heat up and add the sliced onions to the pan. Cook the onions on medium high for about 5 minutes, add the garlic and continue to cook for another 5 minutes.
- While the onions are cooking salt and pepper both sides of the pork chops and slice a pocket in the middle. Add the cooked apples slices into the pocket. Add the chops to the pan with cooking onions and saute for 5 minutes on each side to brown the chops.
- Place the skillet with the stuffed chops and onions into the oven and bake for 25 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes and enjoy the juicy chops.