My latest obsession is salt and pepper potato chips, I know it’s not the healthiest of snacks but sometime you just have to be bad. So I decided to turn my bad into a not so bad but very yummy crispy chicken that is baked, see, so sent back to a bit healthy. This chicken is great for a picnic, easy dinner or just a snack.
Salt & Pepper Chip Crusted Chicken
- 2 cups Salt and Pepper potato chips – crushed
- 2 eggs with a little water whisk together
- 1/2 cup Pamela’s Gluten free flour
- and of course chicken – I used 6 boneless/skinless chicken thighs, but you could use your favorite cut of chicken or even chicken tenders (just remember to adjust the cooking time for the thickness of the chicken you are using.
- Preheat oven to 400 – place baking sheet in oven to heat up while oven is getting warm and you are dredging the chicken.
- Place each dry ingredient in a separate dredge bowl, dip chicken into the flour, then egg, then crushed chips. Place the crusted chicken on a cooling rack while completing the dredging.
- Using a pot holder remove heated baking sheet from oven, place chicken on it and bake at 400 for 25 to 30 minutes.