Light and easy meal.
Salmon Steak with Dill Butter Sauce
- 2 salmon steaks – skin on
- salt and pepper for the salmon
for the sauce:
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lemon – zest and juice
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- In a small sauce pan melt the butter, add the remaining ingredients and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a cast iron skillet, place the seasoned salmon steaks in the heated oil, skin side down. Cook salmon on each side until done to the doneness you prefer (about 7 to 10 minutes). If the pan starts to smoke too much, cover it while the salmon continues to cook.
- Remove salmon from pan, top with dill butter sauce and let salmon rest for a few minutes