Thanksgiving is over and we have a week until Hanukkah so maybe you want to eat healthier this week. This is a one roasting pan dish that is a good entrée or a side and it is really easy to make.
- 1 Acorn or Kabocha Squash – cut in half and seeds removed
- 24 oz chopped Butternut squash or 1 whole one that you seed & cut up
- 1 large onion sliced
- 3 – 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- On a large roasting pan place your 2 halves the of acorn or kabocha squash, the butternut squash and onion. Sprinkle with the olive oil, salt, pepper, and paprika and bake for 55 to 60 mintues.
- When ingredients are cooked, scoop the acorn/kabocha squash from the skin carefully as you are going to use it as the bowl if you want, chopped removed squash and combine with the roasted butternut squash and onions…put back in squash bowls or place in serving dish and enjoy.