If Dad is BBQ’ing for Father’s Day, how about making this very tasty potato salad. It’s light and healthy sans mayo so it can sit out at any meal without worry of the salad getting too hot.
Roasted Potato Salad with Herb Dressing
Ingredients (Roasted Potatoes):
- 2 bags of small fingerling potatoes
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix the ingredients on a baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup fresh tarragon
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup fresh thyme
- 1/4 fresh dill
- 3 garlic cloves
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons capers with juice
- 2 tablespoon Coarse Dijon Mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive Oil – enough to make the mixture a dressing
- Chives – chopped on top for garnish
- Add all the ingredients into the food processor and stream in the olive oil to mix and get the dressing consistency.
- ***Note: you can use any fresh herbs that you like or have an abundance of.
- While potatoes are still hot combine the dressing with them and you have an easy potato salad. If you don’t end up using all the dressing it can be stored in the freezer for a later use (it would also be good on fish)