It is easy to make and can be done in one pan, what’s not to like?
Pork Chops and Gravy
- 2 1″ thick bone in pork chops
- smoked garlic sea salt (or Kosher salt with granulated garlic) and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large shallot – finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons whole grain Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup white wine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- heat oil in cast iron skillet.
- salt and pepper both sides of the pork chops, place chops in hot pan and sear on each side (remember brown means flavor) for a few minutes. Move pan to heated preheated oven and cook for 15 to 20 minutes.
- While pork chops are resting on a platter, combine the remaining ingredients and make the sauce in the cast iron skillet & cook for 10 minutes.
- I served mine with blanched asparagus with a little lemon juice.