Oh, so nutty peanut butter cookies as this recipe used crunch peanut butter and peanuts.
Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter – room temperature
- 1/2 cup salted crunchy peanut butter (I use Trader Joe’s brand)
- 1 cup 50% salted peanuts – chopped
- 1/2 cup XYLA
- 1/2 cup Organic Coconut Palm Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg – room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free flour
- 1 teaspoon Xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper
- In a standing mixer cream together the butter, peanut butter, XYLA and Palm Sugar. When well combined add egg and vanilla extract, continue to mix until all is combined.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, xanatan gum, baking soda & powder, salt and chopped nuts. Whisk all the dry ingredients together and slowly add to the wet and combine.
- Using a small scoop form 1 inch ball and place on the lined cookie sheets 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 7 to 10 minutes. Let cookies rest on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes before moving to the wire cooling rack to finish cooling.