For all of you who have been begging me for my mac and cheese (and you know who you are) – here you go. For those of you that haven’t had it yet you are in for a big treat.
Mac and Cheese
- 1 bag of brown rice shells or elbow macaroni pasta
- 1 12 oz bag baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 12 oz mozzarella cheese – shredded
- 1/2 – 3/4 lb smoked gouda cheese – cut into small cubes (I know this will sound bizarre but don’t shred the gouda – but into small cubes because it gives the dish a much better taste)
- 1 cup + 1/2 cup separate grated parmagino/regiano cheese
- 1 14.5oz can Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- salt & pepper
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cook pasta in a large pot of salted water, under cook a couple of minutes before al dente. Drain and set aside
- Heat oil in large skillet, add garlic and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, add spinach and wilt (salt the spinach while it is wilting). Drain excess liquid from wilted spinach.
- Spray 9 x 13 baking dish with non stick spray.
- In the baking dish add the cooked pasta, mozzarella cheese, gouda cheese, 1 cup of parm, cooked spinach, and can of tomatoes – combine well.
- Bake for 30 minutes..
- Remove from oven and serve up the best mac and cheese.