Still had some Heirloom tomatoes to use up so decided on a chicken pasta salad. Of course if Heirlooms are not in season you can still make this with whatever your favorite tomato is. And making your own dressing is so much more flavorful. If you don’t use it all on this salad it stores well in a glass jar to use on other salads.
Heirloom Tomatoes Chicken Pasta Salad
- 1 lime – zest and juice
- 1 lemon – zest and juice
- 1/2 orange – zest and juice
- 2 tablespoons capers with liquid
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 5 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Whisk all the ingredients together.
This is what I made mine with – but feel free to improvise.
- 3 cups cooked gluten free brown rice pasta
- 3 cups of cooked chicken -cut into bit size pieces 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 large radishes – chopped
- 1 can artichoke hearts – packed in water – chopped
- 1 jar Hearts of Palm – cut into pieces
- 2 to 3 medium size Heirloom tomatoes
- 5 scallions – finely chopped
- 1/2 jar Kalamata olives
- 1/2 orange pepper – chopped
- So of course the next step is after the salad is all combine add the salad dressing and serve.