A light refreshing salad that only takes minutes to make.
Grilled Romaine & Shrimp Salad
- 1 head of Romaine lettuce: washed, dried and cut in 1/2 lengthwise
- 8 med/large shrimp: shelled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- olive oil
- **I serve this with my roasted tomato dressing (recipe on blog site)
- Heat grill pan on stove top. Put about 1 tablespoon of olive oil on the grill pan to heat up. Sprinkle the romaine with some olive oil (about a teaspoon on each side). Place the lettuce on the heated grill and grill for 3 to 5 minutes on both sides.
- While Romaine is grilling season the shrimp with salt and pepper to taste and the paprika.
- Remove grilled Romaine to plate.
- Add another teaspoon or so of olive oil if you think you need it. Grill the shrimp until opaque – about 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Put the shrimp on each of the halves of grilled Romaine. You can serve this with or without dressing, I served it with my Roasted Tomato Dressing and got rave reviews.