These donuts are so yummy. They are baked not fried, so that a bonus. And they don’t go stale and hard after one day.
Donuts – they are baked not fried
- 5 tablespoons room temperature unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup Xyla
- 1 large egg – room temperature
- 1/2 cup Califia Farms Almond Creamer
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups Pamela’s Gluten Free Flour
- 1 teaspoon Xanthan gum
Optional Ingredients (to make toppings or frosting:)
- room temperature butter
- Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips
- Vanilla Extract
- Coconut Palm Sugar
Optional Ingredients (to make chocolate donuts:)
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened cocoa powder
- and of course you will need donut baking pans (unless you just want to make donut holes).
- Preheat oven to 325. Spray donut pans with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a standing mixture combine the wet ingredients (the dough at this point will look like cottage cheese but do not worry it is fine). Combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl and add to the mixer to combine. Fill the donut rings about half way up with dough (as it will rise when cooking). Bake for 15 to 17 minutes. Let cool, then remove from donut pan.
- Want chocolate frosting: heat butter and chocolate chips together, when melted add a splash of vanilla extract. Dip the cooled donuts into the chocolate and place on cooling rack.
- Want cinnamon topped donuts: elt room temperature butter with Coconut Palm Sugar and Cinnamon. Dip the cooled donuts into the mixture and place on cooling rack.