I don’t know about you but I really dislike the canned cranberries. This cranberry with orange compote is very easy to make. And it makes a great topping for waffles or pancakes in lieu of syrup, or it can be mixed into you oatmeal.
- 1 – 12oz bag of fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup + 1/4 cup XYLA (separated)
- Zest & juice of one orange
- 1 cup water
- In medium sauce pan combine the cranberries, 1/4 cup XYLA, the zest and juice of the orange and water.
- Cook on the stove top on medium for about 15 minutes (you will hear the cranberries popping)
- Remove from heat, add the other 1/4 cup of XYLA and set aside to cool.
- This can be made a day or two ahead of time.