A great game day snack that you can actually sneak greens into that is also crunchy and cheesy.
Chorizo Stuffed Mini Peppers
- 1- chorizo sausage – casing removed (you could use a spicy chicken sausage if you don’t want chorizo)
- 1 package of mini peppers – seeded and cut in half
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 medium shallot – finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups mixed greens (or just spinach if you prefer)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a large frying pan heat the olive oil…add the chorizo meat, crumble the sausage while it is cooking and cook thoroughly. Remove from pan and set aside to drain.
- Into the same pan that the chorizo was cooked in saute the chopped shallot, add salt, for about 3 minutes. Add the greens to pan and wilt down. Remove shallots and greens to drain.