These are cakey chocolate cookies with walnuts and believe me no one can tell that dates have been snuck in. So shhhh and let’s eat cookies.
Chocolate Walnut Cookies
- 1/2 stick non-salted butter- room temp
- 1/2 cup Organic Palm Sugar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dates
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 square of unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup brewed decaf coffee
- 1/4 cup Organic Palm sugar
- 1 egg – room temp
- 2 cups gluten free flour
- 1/2 teaspoon xanathan gum
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In the standing mixer combine ingredients 1 thru 4.
- Melt the unsweetened chocolate in a bowl over a pan of boiling water (aka double boiler) with ingredients 3, 6 & 7.
- While the chocolate is melting in a mixer combine the butter and 1/2 cup of Organic Palm Sugar (ingredients 1 and 2). Slowly add the melted chocolate mixture to the butter mixture in the mixer and combine well. Add the vanilla extract and egg and continue to mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl whisk ingredients 9 thru 12 together and slowly add to the wet mixer, combine until well mixed.
- Stir in the chopped walnuts.
- Using a scoop place cookies on line sheets about 2 inches apart and bake for 9 to 11 minutes.