A very easy chicken dinner that is ready in under 20 minutes that looks like you slaved away in the kitchen.
Chicken with Asparagus & Mushrooms in Mustard Sauce
- 1 lb chicken thighs – cut into bite size pieces **
- 1 lb fresh asparagus – cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 – 10 oz bag sliced crimini mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 3 to 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 to 5 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- Heat olive oil in large frying pan
- Season chicken with granulated garlic, salt and pepper
- Add seasoned chicken to hot oil and sauté for 7 to 10 minutes on high to brown and cook thru
- Remove chicken from pan and add mushrooms to the hot oil and cook for 2 minutes
- Add asparagus to the cooking mushrooms, salt and pepper to taste and cook for additional 2 minutes
- Return chicken to the pan with the vegetables, lower the heat to medium, add the Dijon Mustard and simmer to 3 to 4 minutes.
- This dish is terrific served over gluten free pasta (any size you prefer)
- **If you want to rather use white meat chicken that is fine too.