Hope you enjoy this Chicken Red Lentil Curry that has cauliflower and potatoes. I got raves when I served it.
Chicken Red Lentil Curry
to roast: Preheat oven to 350 **
- 6 to 8 chicken thighs
- 1 whole cauliflower – cut into bite size pieces
- 1 bag teeny tiny potatoes
- garlic powder
- olive oil
- Salt, pepper and garlic powder both sides of the chicken thighs. Bake for 35 minutes on a baking sheet
- On a second baking sheet, place the cauliflower and potatoes, salt, pepper, turmeric, and coat with olive oil. Bake for 25 minutes.
additional ingredients to make the curry:
- 1 medium yellow onion – finely diced
- 2 leeks – slices, washed and drained
- 5 garlic cloves – finely chopped
- 1 – 2″ piece of ginger – whole
- 1 – 1lb bag red lentils
- 3 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 quarts vegetable broth (low sodium)
- 1-6 oz bag baby spinach
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- In a large dutch oven heat 3 to 4 tablespoons of olive oil, add the onion and leeks with salt and pepper and saute for 7 to 10 minutes. Add the garlic and saute for another minute or two.
- Add the ginger, lentils, curry powder, bay leaves, paprika, cayenne and 1 quart of vegetable broth and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes. Add the roasted chicken and vegetables, bag of spinach and 2nd quart of vegetable broth and simmer for an additional 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaves and ginger piece and you are ready to serve.
- ** I roast the chicken, cauliflower and potatoes to add extra flavor to the curry.