Miss the gravy over your turkey, well miss it no more. This is a very easy gravy to make and can be made a day ahead so all you have to do is reheat it (so if you are going to a Thanksgiving feast where the gravy will be made with regular flour you can bring your own gravy and therefore not feel left out or have to eat dry turkey).
Best Turkey Gravy (if I do say so myself)
- 1/2 sweet onion – thinly sliced
- 3 to 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 whole garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons Pamela’s Gluten Free Flour
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups turkey broth
- Salt and pepper
- In a large pan add the olive oil and garlic cloves. Let oil heat and garlic cook for about 5 minutes…do not let the garlic burn. Remove the cooked garlic from the oil and add the sliced onion, sprinkle with salt and cook until nicely browned about 7 to 10 minutes. Remove the cooked onions to a food processor and puree well.
- In the same pan add the butter and flour and whisk for 3 to 5 minutes until the flour taste is cooked off. Add the turkey broth to the pan and cook until all ingredients are well combined and a beautiful brown color – again about 7 to 10 minutes. Add the pureed onions, salt and pepper to taste, stir well and cook for another 5 minutes. And now you have a fantastic gravy.
- Note: this gravy is made without the turkey drippings as I am assuming that they will be used for the gluten gravy…but if you are lucky enough to be able to add the drippings just reduce the amount of turkey broth.
- this gravy could also be made with chicken broth for a roasted chicken dinner.