If you love asparagus or want to make asparagus a favorite vegetable of others try this easy recipe. It is a great side dish to go with any protein or on top of pasta for vegetarian meal.
Asparagus with Grilled Lemon and Shallots
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus (if they are the fatter ones cut in half)
- 2 lemons – thickly sliced
- 1 medium shallot
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- salt and pepper
- Heat a large cast iron skillet on high. Add lemon slices and grill 3 to 5 minutes on each side. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add the olive oil to the pan, add the shallots and lightly salt and pepper. Cook over a medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove pan and set aside.
- Add the asparagus to the pan and cook for about 7 to 10 minutes, until they get a nice char.
- Place the asparagus on a serving dish, top with the shallots and squeeze the lemon on top. Garnish the plate with the cooked lemon slices.