A great refreshing dinner for these hot sultry summer nights. I wanted something healthy but not too heavy and the Ahi with cucumber was the perfect dinner. And let me tell you this is so easy and quick it could become a fave.
Ahi Tuna with Cucumber Salad
- 1 English cucumber – thinly sliced (a carrot peeler works great for this)
- 3 teaspoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon XYLA
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- salt & pepper – to taste
- mix all the ingredients together and marinate for at least 1/2 hr. and it is ready to serve
Ahi Tuna Steak:
- 2 ahi tuna steaks
- salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon Tamari sauce
- Heat cast iron skillet to super hot, heat olive oil, add the salted/peppered ahi steaks. Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes on one side (when the steak will flip without sticking to the pan it is ready for the other side). After flipping add the tamari sauce and cook this side for 3 to 4 minutes. This will give the steak a great sear and be raw in the middle – if you want your steak cooked more to medium then just leave it on the heat longer but why would you want to over cook a good piece of ahi.
- Plate the cucumber and place the ahi steak on top.