Saw these beautiful rainbow carrots at the store and just had to have them. This is easy and only takes 7 to 8 minutes to complete.
A Touch Spicy / A Touch Sweet Rainbow Carrots
- 1 bunch rainbow carrots (sure you can use on color if that is all you can find) I did not peel the carrots. Sliced them in half.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes (this depends on your level of liking hotness- you can always add more)
- 1/4 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 large garlic clove – whole/smashed
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil with the garlic clove. When oil is hot and before the garlic burns remove the garlic clove and add the carrots and salt. Cook on med/high for about 5 minutes. Add chili pepper flakes and honey and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes and you are ready to serve.
- The carrots still have a bit of crunch with a light sweetness and then just a bit of heat.